Many of our guests will say that a salmon or char shore lunch is part of the experience at Tikchik Narrows Lodge. Guides enjoy the friendly competition of “out-doing” their peers by preparing salmon on the river in unique and outrageous ways. Not all of us cook over the fire regularly, so Executive Chef Matt Spence gives us a go-to salmon recipe with a savory marinade that you can use with your home barbecue or oven.
For Savory Marinade – Combine ingredients below in a large bowl or container.
- Soy Sauce (3 Tbls)
- Horseradish (3 Tbls)
- Dijon Mustard (3 Tbls)
- Olive Oil (3 Tbls)
- Brown Sugar (3 Tbls)
- Lemon Juice (3 Tbls)
- Dried Dill Weed (1/2 Tsp)
- Place 4 to 6 salmon filets in baking dish each about 6 to 8 oz in size.
- Pour marinade over fish and let set 4 to 6 hours.
- Grill on BBQ or bake in oven at 775 degrees for about 12 minutes (Careful not to overcook).
- Enjoy with your favorite Chardonnay